Please Note: Assistance from the Foundation should be requested only after all other resources have been used (insurance, etc.).
- The NCFPSC provides assistance only to K-12 North Carolina Public School Children. (Public school is defined by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction.)
- NCFPSC provides assistance based on funds available.
- Only NC public school personnel (public school employees, personnel contracted by the state of NC, etc.) may submit applications.
- The applicant must work in the school that the child attends in order for the child to receive assistance.
- We do not accept applications from parents, legal guardians, and other family members.
- Students must be enrolled and attending public school at least 30 days of the school year to receive services.
- Assistance will not be given to students 10 days prior to the end of the school year.
- There are no income or citizenship criteria.
TYPES OF ASSISTANCE
Financial assistance may be provided for K-12 students for the following only one time during a calendar year.
- Eyeglasses (payment only for the frame and lenses. However, payment for the eye examination will be considered if the frame and lenses are paid for by another source or if there are extenuating circumstances.)
- Dental Expenses (payment only for cleaning, fillings and extractions are considered; no cosmetic or braces.)
- Medical Expenses (physicals, EC assessments, other situations that directly impact school performance)
- Prescriptions (30-day supply)
- Clothing/Shoes, toiletries
- Educational fees (SAT, graduation, school)
- Learning devices (hearing aids, visual aids)
- School supplies
- Musical Instrument
- Reading Materials, i.e., “Weekly Reader”
NCFPSC assists public school children and personnel when they have been affected by an “act of God” (ie, hurricanes, floods, fires, etc). The application process is the same except a check will be made payable to the applicant or store upon approval. Once purchases have been made, the applicant must submit all receipts to NCFPSC.
Items that may be purchased: clothing, shoes, school supplies, toiletries.
Maximum assistance per age: K-5 (up to $125); 6-8 (up to $150); 9-12 (up to $175)
NCFPSC is unable to provide assistance for household items such as mattresses, groceries, funerals, utilities.
* NCFPSC reserves the right to make amendments to any dollar amount referenced contingent upon revenue.
Direct Payment to Vendor:
- An application must be submitted electronically via the Foundation website: NCFPSC.org. Each application will be reviewed within 3 business days of submission.
- Upon approval of the request, a letter of statement from the Foundation will be emailed to the applicant that states the Foundation has approved the application at a stated dollar amount that serves as a commitment to pay.
- After services have been provided, the applicant/vendor will need to fax an invoice for payment to 704.633.6116 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vendor providing services must submit an invoice to the Foundation within 30 days of Foundation’s approval to pay. Payment from NCFPSC will be mailed to the vendor within fourteen (14) days of receipt. If an invoice is not submitted to the Foundation within 30 days of request approval, the online application will be voided and the Foundation will not provide payment.
- Applications that include purchasing retail items (clothing, shoes, school supplies, etc.) are reimbursed by the Foundation.
- The applicant will receive notice via email of the financial assistance that will be provided and must purchase the item(s) for the amount approved.
- The applicant should mail the original receipts of the approved purchase amount for reimbursement within 30 days. Applicant will be reimbursed after submitting all original receipts to the Foundation up to the amount approved.
- If receipts are not received within 30 days, the application will be voided.
- The applicant may not request any assistance until all receipts are returned from previous requests.